Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We saw our newest creation yesterday through an ultrasound. He/She is about 3.5 inches long right now, but it was wild to see this tiny being with little arms, legs, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and moving like crazy, but still so small I feel no movement. It was too early to tell the baby's sex, so if everything looks good we may ride this one through without knowing because I may not get another ultrasound. I had bloodwork drawn so in a week or so I should know if there is an elevated risk for downs or any other defect they scanned for. At least they didn't seem to see anything in the ultrasound that they were paying extra attention to, like this looks bad! So it was cool to see there is a life in there. They did the 3D thing and we could see the baby's face, just a tiny image of a normal baby, it was so cool! So I just thought I would share, cause it was neat.

1 comment: