Monday, March 19, 2007

Happy Monday!




Well it's Monday. As expected our weekend flew by. Saturday night we had a good time. We started out over at the Cascade bowling alley. We bowled 3 games with Kara and Tony. They are pretty good. Tony is really good. Made me look really bad! But that's ok, it was all in good fun. The sweet 60's music they were playing just adding to the fun! They did bust out the macarena and hokey pokey. You could tell who was drunk there. After bowling we went to the Bent Rim for some drinks and a little karokee. I was feeling pretty good, Kara was feeling No Pain, and so we decided we would do You're So Vain and of all things, Pussy Control. I know we were really bad on Pussy Control. Words go really fast, we were too drunk to read that fast, and we were horse from too much yelling when other people were singing. Oh well, it was all in good fun, and I know from what I heard from other people who sang that we weren't the only ones who were bad! Not that I can sing that great in the first place, but add beer, laughing, yelling, and you don't get good results. Mel ended up being over there with some friends, so she did You're So Vain with us. Jerry had his doubts that we would be able to leave at 10am as planned on Sunday to go to Desi's-we did prove him wrong. I felt good on Sunday morning (lucky for me!) and Mel was not quite up to par, but she felt better after rehydrating and eating something.


The kids did pretty good on the ride to Altoona. We stopped in Newton to eat and let them out for awhile. Deacon wasn't too happy to get back in the van. We got to Desi's about 1:30 and stayed until about 5. The kids were really good while we were there. They did make a mess out of Easter grass, but there was no fitting, no hitting, no tantrums. Pretty good for 4 kids under 5. Olivia was getting kind of pouty about the time we were getting ready to leave. She was getting tired. All 4 slept at least part of the way home. We got back in town about 7:45. I was so tired last night I was in bed by 9. Desi and Matt have a guinea pig named Toby. Deacon didn't think that was any pig he had ever seen and when I would say pig he would say "no, it's a kitty". After a while it became a bunny. I guess he just wasn't sure what to think of the little ball of fur, but he and Brendan sure did like to bug that "kitty". They were constantly over there beating on it's cage, sticking there fingers in the cage, or knocking the pig's shelf down. I bet that pig slept good last night after all those noises kids were gone!


Deacon has had a cough all weekend, and last night he didn't eat or sleep well, so I figured I would take him to the doctor quick. Well to my surprise he has ear infection again. He doesn't get that a whole lot but I never know when he has it. I always take him in for something else and then find out. So the doc gave him some antiboditics and some prescription cough syrup. She couldn't believe he wasn't pulling at his ears. Really, he has never done that. I remember the first ear infection. He was like 2 or 3 months old and had stuff running out of his ears so I took him in. He never fussed, never pulled at his ears, nothing. He is just a tough little guy. He is pretty tough about taking the meds too. It takes one to hold him down, one to pry his mouth open and get the meds in. He HATES medicine. He sees it and balls up, covers his mouth and says "NO NO NO". At least this antiboditic is only once a day so we don't have to fight it 3 times a day like you do with some meds.
Well I have laundry to put away and other odds and ends to do before work, so off to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids were so well behaved!! Thanks for bringing everyone out!

Mel said...

my kids better not get sick...haa haa! Just kidding!

It was a good time; my kids are TOTALLY wound for sound today, though.