We are back from a very very busy weekend with little sleep but tons and tons of fun!
Friday our night started with my necklace setting off the alarm at the airport security desk so I got a pat down. I felt special! At least it was only in CR, not in a big airport. Our flight was uneventful, and we got to Vegas and were ready to party! Kara and Tony stayed downtown at Fitzgeralds on Fremont Street, and we were on the strip at the Flammingo. After we got settled into our room we attempted to take a bus to Fremont Street. That was taking too long so we opted to grab a taxi. To and from we took taxi's and spent $40 in fare. That gets expensive fast! We got to Fremont Street and found Kara and Tony and walked around, drank, and gambled a bit. We got to see a light show too. We were actually all up for going to the "gentlemen's club" down there, Kara and myself were like yeah, let's do it, but there was a $20 cover per person so we decided not too, but kudos to us girls for being willing to do that for our men!! :) We ended up going to this bar called the Sideline just off Fremont for drinks. We were pretty buzzed and up for some new drinks. Kara ordered the apple martini, and while debating on that or something else the girl offered the cable car as a really good drink, so I said sure. Talk about not a good drink!! It was lemon and grapefruit or something, strong, and not so yummy but given it was $10 for a martini glass full I drank it because I was going to get my money's worth!! After we got done at that bar we headed back to our hotel via taxi and called it a night.
Saturday we met up and went out for lunch at Blondies in the Aladdin, and then walked around. We saw a lot of neat stuff. We walked so much! We went through a lot of casinos and went to M&M world and all that stuff you just have to do while you are out there. We parted ways to get ready to go out and then met back up at Margarittaville for supper about 8pm. We started drinking and having a good time. That place is so cool because every maybe 1/2 hour the volcano on the top of the bar explodes and a girl comes out and slides down what is suppose to be margaritta slide into a huge blender and Margarittaville starts playing. Then she is fished out with a big hook and dances on the bar. After eating we headed over to the Piano Bar, which was absolutly awesome. Free to get into, and they had these really cute twins that were dueling it out on the piano. They would sing and play any song you requested, and the audience sings along. They were really good. I wish we would have had more time because I could have spent more time there, but we headed out and up to Toby Keith's bar. There was a live band there with a lead singer that was doing a Carrie Underwood song and sounded like her. They were really good. They ended up doing the electric slide to Shania Twain's feel like a woman and we headed out to the dance floor (Kara and I) I was totally jamming to the song and getting my groove on with the line dance (took me awhile to get back into how to do that!) and she brought me the mic and I got to say "Feel like woman!" in a mic at Toby's bar. Totally awesome. It was so packed so it was just crazy she picked me. We left there and went to Paris to go up on the tower. We caught the fountain show while up there. It is such a beautiful view up there, watching all the lights and stuff. We left there and made our way to the place we had to go, Coyote Ugly. We had paid online so we were on the list. We go in and Kara and I each get a beer and a shot, and it was $30!!! Shit you not, it was crazy. But we continued to drink because we knew what we had to do-get on the bar!! Well before we got up they were playing some distrubed and Tony knows every word so he was totally rocking, the coyote hotties saw him and brought him up to the bar, one sat on his face and gave him a shot. This happened twice because he was singing and rocking out! I missed the first one but got a picture of the second time. He was pretty excited. Well then it was our turn, Crazy Bitch came on and we went up. I think there were only 2 other girls up there with us, so we were jamming. We danced up there several times actually. Everytime they would just come and pour shots in your mouth. It was so freakin' awesome! WE DANCED WITH COYOTES ON THE BAR!!! Still pretty excited about that. We both got tee shirts when we left from the store outside that says we danced on the bar. Jim got a lot of pictures. Actually he was taking pictures and someone looked at him, like, what a stalker, probably thought he was photographing the coyotes, but Tony went over to the lady and told her his wife was up there, then she was like, oh ok! You know Jim, doesn't really get his groove on so he was just standing in the back and probably looked a little creepy! We called it quits about 2am and fumbled our way back to the hotel. I was bombed, I passed out at some point and woke up at like 8am feeling pretty damn good. Time for another Vegas day!
Sunday we met up for lunch and went to the Cheesecake Factory at Ceasers. We then walked around and actually walked all the way to the Stratosphere to pick up our show tickets. That was a hell of a long walk. We saw the Frontier is ready for implosion. We found out later that is happening at 2:30 am tonight (Monday). That was a bummer we missed that by a day, it would have been so neat to see. After we made it to the end of the strip we got our show tickets and we took a bus back to our hotel and Kara and Tony took one down to theirs. We went back and got ready for our show and then caught a bus back up there. It actually rained last night there! Crazy. Anyway, we went to the American Superstar Impersonator show. I offered up Crazy Girls or Fantasy but Jim said no, so I can't say I didn't try to be a good wife! Our show was really good though. It had Britney, Christina Aguilara, Elvis and Micheal Jackson. After the show we went up to the top (over 1000 feet up) and checked out the view. AMAZING! There are rides on top and you can see them from the inside observation deck. We watched people ride the one that it puts you out over the edge of the tower and spins at like 3G force. Jim wanted to do it, I think he was smoking crack, and I wouldn't. We then ate supper there. (by the way our show, supper, and tower were all included on the $50 ticket price, so that was a pretty sweet deal!) Kara and Tony were doing there thing, they went to O. I guess that was a pretty freakin' cool show too. We left our show and hopped at bus back to Harrah's and went to the Piano bar again. There were guys in there last night, but they were really good too. After listening for a bit we went out to a free stage area and listened to a band that was really good playing Guns and Roses, Bon Jovi ect. Then we went back to our hotel and gambled just a little and called it a night. I felt bad it was only like 12am, and we were in Vegas, but I was wiped after our late nights before, and my feet more than anything were screaming stop walking!! So we did.
We got up early this morning and went through the stores at Aladdin, Bally's and Paris before we had to leave for the airport at 11. It was crazy at the airport, everyone going home. We got there in time though, got through, and I didn't have to be patted down! We were all ready to get home. We got in on time, got our luggage, and Sue was waiting. We got back to Monticello about 8:30. The kids were happy to see us and to get all the cool stuff we bought them.
Well I was going to post pictures, but it is giving me an error so please check back because I will!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy shit, girl. Sounds like you had a REALLY good time! I'm so happy for you!!
Now back to the real world, huh?? That's always a bit disappointing...
Post a Comment