We leave for Vegas tomorrow. I am pretty excited. I have all my stuff packed except for the stuff I need to get ready tomorrow. Weather out there is in the 70's all weekend, it should be nice.
Last week I went to Milwaukee with my fellow supervisor Milo. We went up Wed night, came home Friday. We made good time getting up there but our ramp we were suppose to get off on had construction, so we ended up getting lost. We were in the ghetto's, literally the only white people around. We stopped at a gas station and Milo went in for directions and said that there was fence around the counter, just a hole to put the money through. Nice. We followed the directions we got there and almost got to our hotel, but ended up stopping for directions again and someone was leaving the gas station, said we were close and had us follow him to the hotel. We stayed at a Hilton, that was the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. Our school was within walking distance, so that was nice. There was a pub in the lobby with good food and beer so we spent our nights down there. It wasn't a bad trip, and I learned something in the seminar too. We got home by 7pm on Friday. The kids were glad to see me. I brought Olivia a book that has puzzles on each page (hind sight sort of a bad idea with all the pieces) and Deacon got a big John Deere book that he totally loves.
Tuesday I needed to shop for jeans. I hate trying to find pants. My ass hangs out of about every pair out there. I broke down and bought Silvers. No regrets either, my butt stays in and they fit good. I found another much cheaper pair too. I got some new shirts for Vegas and work, and necklaces to match. Sort of a mini spree at Maurices. I like everything I got though. While up there Olivia and I went to see the Bee Movie. It wasn't bad, Olivia really liked it. She said that was the most exciting part of her day because going to stores is boring (I don't know if she is my daughter!!)
I had vacation 1/2 of last night, all day tomorrow, and then next Monday and Tuesday, so this will be a nice set of days off. Unfortuntly I still have to go in today for a conference call, but that shouldn't take more than an hour or two. Better than working my 12 hour shift.
Well I will be posting Vegas pictures when we get back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Have fun on your trip, I'll be here in Monticello, insanely jealous that I'm not on a vacation.......
Thanks again for bringing Gary to the church yesterday. I really appreciate it.
Post a Comment