Friday, December 21, 2007

Almost Christmas!






The top picture is Deacon's cookie he decorated entirely himself. He was pretty proud!
One day last week I took Mel's kids while she worked on Christmas shopping. The top pic I thought was so cute of Brendan and Deacon sharing a book. They were fighting over it first, but then we worked out if they sat beside each other instead of across from each other they could both read it. The next picture is Gary and Olivia when I got them afterschool. Funny story. Olivia is like Gary spanked me! He said it was just for fun. I said are you touching a girls butt just for fun, and he replied "yeah". Growing up fast on us Mel! Last Sunday I let Olivia have Lauren and Natalie over to play. We made sugar cookies and decorated them. They had a really good time. Deacon got to play with the girls too, he thought that was cool.



I have been working at Bingo on Monday nights the past 3 Mondays I haven't worked. I actually enjoy doing it. They need someone to bring treats, so I bake up something yummy and take it over. My scotchroos have been a big hit!


Tuesday night of this week we volunteered to take part is the senior lighting tour for the Jaycees. We took 3 people from sycamore garden assisted living apartments around town to look at lights and then everyone went to Darrells for coffee, cocoa, brownies and cinnamon rolls when we were done (there were 4 vans). The kids and I rode in the way back while Jim drove. We had 3 mentally challenged in our van. They were not too bad though, they have jobs and live on their own in the assisted living. One was my sister-in-law Carol's sister, so she knew us. The one was just so excited about the kids. She loved Olivia. She talked to her non-stop and just couldn't say thank you enough for us driving and bringing kids! It was a nice activity to take part in.


I have been baking non stop these past couple weeks, I love that about this time of year. I spent $100 at the store tonight getting supplies for baking a big list full of sweets and bars tomorrow for the Christmas gathering we have Sunday and Tuesday. Going to be a busy day filled with lots of rich fatty desserts. Oh yum! I am making chocolate star cookies, those are so good and my favorite. I only make them at Christmas so they are a special treat this time of year.
Olivia has had 5 days of school cancelled due to weather. Cripes. Today it was delayed, so they were going to miss their Christmas party but the teacher called and they went at 10am and had it anyway. Good deal they don't have to wait until January.
At work babies are in the air. Wednesday night a girl I work with had a boy named Aldon, and on Thursday Brian and Melinda McElmeel had a girl, Hailey. Congratulations to all! I told Jim that totally gives me the fever!!!! He's like, whatever.
We have been organizing rooms, cleaning out toys and books that the kids outgrown or don't play with, getting ready for all the stuff that will be coming from Christmas. I know I bought them way too much, and I know Santa will bring too much, but I can't help it, everything is so cool! Things will probably change when they start wanting more expensive stuff. Today I went to WM and Theisens one last time and found more. I got Deacon a gun. He's going to think that is so neat. He is always playing with stuff saying it's a gun and he is shooting deer. I am tired of him using the toybox lid as a gun, this toy one is just a tad smaller!
Well I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Mel said...

You should see Gary's toy "gun". It's a real wooden stock off of a shotgun, just doesn't have the barrel or any working parts anymore. He really loves it.

Thanks for taking the kids the other day. They always have a good time. I will take the kids for you on thursday!