Sunday, December 9, 2007

Fun and Games

Last night we had a gathering at our house. Brenda, Jaime, Rochelle, Josh, Kara and Tony came over and we ate, munched, drank and played board games. I hadn't played Scattergories or Pictionary forever. It was actually a lot of fun for something different to do. We are all thinking we are going to have to do it again. Tony provided good entertainment too. He was drinking captain and cokes, started about 7pm. By 11 he was in bad shape, and he had to be carried to the couch to lay down. He was reclining in one of the chairs on the end, thankfully somewhat sitting up, and puked all down his shirt and face. I am not sure if he even woke up, we just went in there and saw it. He threw up more later, but made it into the bucket. When I looked at the bottle to see just how much he had drank it was empty. That is a lot of Captain Morgan! No one, including Kara, had ever seen him in such a form. They obviously slept over last night. I drank my whole bottle too, but it was pucker and that's about like drinking juice, yummy but not strong. I made these 2 new dips to munch on and they were totally awesome if I do say so myself. One was a cookie dough dip with chocolate chips that you eat with graham cracker sticks. The other was a BLT dip. We ate quite a bit of those through out the night. It was a really good time, nice to just hang out and not be out at a bar where we can't hear each other ect. Plus, the kids got to play and we didn't have to get a sitter and neither did Jaime and Brenda.

Last week we went shopping for a needy family we adopted at work. My shift was totally awesome and raised $255 for the 2 kids we had, so 3 of us went to Dubuque on Tuesday and got those kids quite a few outfits, pjs and toys. They should have a pretty good Christmas. Friday I ran around town and picked up the odds and ends like an Express subscription, then we headed to CR where I picked up a few other things and offically finished my Christmas shopping. I had been close to being done for awhile but was leaving gift cards until last and trying to figure out what to get my niece Molly. She's a teen now, it's harder unless I go with a gift card. Well Molly, I hope I got you something I liked. I almost got her a baby tee that said Trophy Rack with a deer across the chest more to see how Mike liked it, but I didn't. We went to the mall and saw Santa. The kids weren't scared at all, they were totally excited and have stuck to the stuff in the lists they sent in the mail. Olivia actually told him she wasn't going to tell him then, he would get the list in the mail, but she still had so much to talk to him about she left and had to come back to tell him more. He said she was sweet girl and she told him he was wearing his pajamas. Deacon recited the list of backhoe, skidloader, and red tractor. They both sat on Santa's lap and we got a nice picture. Deacon doesn't smile on que to well, so he's pretty serious, but looking at the camera and Olivia looks nice so I went for it.

Deacon must actually somewhat understand what is going on with Santa and the gifts. Yesterday he was in refusal to put on the jeans I picked out after his bath because he hated them!! He was throwing such a fit then finally I said I was going to talk to Santa and tell him no back hoe and not shitting the kid stopped the fit and put his pants on and said they're ok, he likes them. Another time today while throwing a fit I played the santa card and it worked. Unbelievable.

Olivia only had school 1 day last week. Monday and Friday were both late starts which means no morning pre school. Both days I had her up and ready to go when I figured it out. Actually I never watch the news and so both days I found out when I went to take Deacon to the sitters first and there were the school kids there, so then I just left Olivia too. I know, such a bad mother! I just am not used to looking for delays and Monday there was nothing wrong in town so I figured school was on.

Well I am off to bed.

No comments: