Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Pictures

Deacon can play guitar like mom! He says "mom I rocked!"
Olivia and a much taller Gary on the first day.
Olivia at school on her first day. And no I didn't cry. I had tears when I took her to preschool and I am sure I will when I take Deacon next week.

Olivia and Deacon before their Vacation Bible School program. I spent a lot of time on Olivia's hair!
This is Deacon's hair after Olivia cut it. It is hard to show in pictures, but the front is pretty butch, and there were other spots randomly placed around his head that were this short.
We got all Olivia's work covered up by a short cut!

Ah, a long overdue blog with pictures. My computer is such a pile of shit. I hate it. Never again will I buy a gateway!!! We had it in the shop and it apparently over heats, so it is working now, but we have a side panel off and a fan on it! Hopefully we will get a new one before too long! But I am able to use it for more than 5 minutes without it shutting down, so that's better than it was.

Olivia started kindergarten on Tuesday. So we are 3 days in and she is still excited to go, so that's very good. She has enjoyed everything, except some of the parts of lunch! She said she eats most of the stuff, but the salsibury steak was bad, and the "soft dough that had a salad in the middle" today wasn't loved by her. That would be a taco that apparently must have been on a soft shell! She brought home a book from the library today, so we started that tonight. She loves to get library books and loves to be read to.

I took Deacon to his first dentist appointment today. He did really really well. We came home with more than a balloon and a toothbrush though. We found a kitten alone, wet, hungry and really tame in the parking lot, so as anyone that knows me knows could I just walk away oh no, I had to bring her home. She will not be a new addition to the family, but we will feed her and keep her warm and loved until we can find her family or a new family. The kids of course love her. She's in the garage. The other cats do not like this intruder and I wanted to make sure she uses a litter box (so far she is). So we'll see what we can find for a home for her. She is skinny, she's been out on her own for awhile. I am hoping I can find a nice place, like my mom's to take her too!

2 comments:

Desi and Matt said...

The short 'do looks good on Deacon. Olivia probably knew that, so she helped him out. -Matt

Kati said...

LOL She probably did know! I do like the short do better, and it isn't messy when he wakes up!