Extended weekend is over, back to normal...too bad.
Friday night I went over and helped clean up after the football game for the Jaycees. It didn't take as long as it looked like it would. People are such slobs!
Saturday we just hung out during the day. I cleaned a little and did laundry, Jim took the pool down and got it stored away. Saturday night Mel and Jerry and the boys came over and we ordered Pizza Ranch, hung out and played some skip bo. Oceans 11 was on too, so we watched some of that. It was nice to just have a mello evening hanging out.
Sunday we didn't do much either except go and hang out at my mom's for awhile and then stopped at my grandpa's to get his tv figured out for him. That's about it.
Monday was our most exciting day of the weekend. We decided to go to Dubuque Menards to get a new storm door for the front, and maybe for the garage to house door too. We stopped in Worthington and the kids ended up staying with Jim's parents, that was the plan, but we played it like we were just stopping by and they wanted to stay! The truck was shaking like crazy and getting worse as we took the backway on Farley road to Dubuque. About six miles away from Worthington, not too far after we got on that road between cascade and farley the truck just made this terrible sound and it dropped down and was like OMG what the hell?! We pull over and the front right tire had just totally blown out, I mean, like a baseball sized hole, so it was flat. Well Jim was reading the book on how to get the spare tire out and I was kind of messing with tools, like i knew what I was doing, and 3 guys stopped, 2 different vehicles, probably because they thought I was a girl alone who didn't know how to use a jack! Well worked out they stopped because we had a hell of a time getting the spare out. But we did, then we are changing the tire and one guy is like a cat just jumped out of your frame. That kitten living in our garage was up under the truck that whole time!! She was fine, didn't even seem that shook up. It was crazy. So we got the spare on, it was a little low on air, so we turned around, picked up the kids and came home. Then I took the kids to the pool. Saw one of Olivia's friends, Allison, and set up a play date. I am picking her up on Wednesday after school until 5ish. Both of the girls are really excited. I took the kids on a bike ride and then they were in bed by 8, early night.
Last week Deacon started school. He is ok with going, not scared or anything, and he is so proud of his backpack. He has 2 days in now, and is up for going back for more this week. Olivia is totally into school and still wants to go. On the weekends she is like why don't have I have to go to school. That's awesome that she is so ready to go all the time, makes it easy to get her up and stuff. It's sort of weird when I am home alone during the time when they are both gone. I took the time to go to Wal Mart and just enjoy alone time there! No one was throwing stuff in my cart or forcing me to hurry through. It was nice.
Well I better get these kids off to school.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I sometimes wonder if I would be able to get the spare out from under the TrailBlazer if I needed to. I would like to think that I would be able to change a tire, but I have never really done it.
~Desi
Post a Comment