Thursday, October 2, 2008

Few Updates

Just a quick blog to note a few things.

One it's October, can anyone believe this? I can't, year is going by really fast. I started Christmas shopping today!

Two today Olivia got rid of her training wheels! She is now totally free of them. We had them off a couple months back but she was having trouble stopping and too scared, but she mastered that and is ready to leave them off. We just have to work on being able to get on and start herself. Deacon also had his training wheels off (got Jim's tools out and took them off himself!) and he is able to ride without them, but is prone to more wipe out's so he agreed to putting them back on for now. He can do anything that she can do like that it seems. Having a role model sure helps them learn faster.

Third I cannot believe this conversation I had with my daugther. I allowed them to have a doughnut for breakfast the other morning. She wished she could have another one. I told her that they really aren't that good for you and so having more than one is just bad. I said you will get all fat if you eat too many doughnuts to which she replied "Oh Like You??" I was not happy with her. As soon as she said it she knew it wasn't the right thing to say and said Nevermind, but it was too late. I told her that was very mean and I better never hear that again about anybody!

2 comments:

Desi and Matt said...

He took the training wheels off himself? Hopefully, that's all he takes apart!

Kati said...

Yes, seriously, he got a wrench and worked and worked until he got them off. Today he took them back off again, and refuses to ride with them, so I guess we have 2 kids with no training wheels now!

He only knew how to take them off because he has watched Jim do it!