Saturday, February 24, 2007

Feeling Much Better

It's Friday night (well actually Saturday morning at 2:30am!) and I am feeling just about 100% recovered. Strep throat is some nasty stuff. I cannot remember the last time, if ever, I had it, and will be happy not to get it ever again! Luckily so far the kids have shown no signs of it, and I would hope that if they were going to it would have shown up by now. Deacon had a little pooping problem this week, but that has cleared up and we are now back to the normal 4 to 5 times a day. (I know, thanks for sharing!)

I have been busy all week. Wednesday I was going to take the kids to the sitter so I could sleep after work. I got Deacon ready after he got up, and then we waited on Olivia. At 8:30 Deacon woke her up. He goes in, cradles her face in his hands and says "Hi Winkie, Wake Up!" It is so cute and sweet. She swore she was so tired she couldn't move, so I allowed her to stay in her PJs while we took Deacon to Heather's and she got to stay home and lounge around with Mom. I told her that she had to let me get some sleep. She did really well just reading her books in my bed while watching all her favorite PBS showed like Clifford, Curious George, and Seseme Street. I woke up a few times and got her snacks or whatever she needed. I got up at noon to find she was about to start painting her own nails. I took over and did that for her. We got showered, dressed and went to Subway for a girls lunch. We then went to my hair appointment and got my trimmed up, then stopped at Wal Mart while over in Anamosa. We picked Deacon up about 3:30. He was excited to see Winkie, he missed not seeing her all day. She thought she was pretty big getting to sort of be on her own while I was napping.

Thursday it was again an Olivia and Mom day. After she got done with school we went out for lunch, the whole family, then just her and I went to CR shopping. We spent all afternoon up there. I got Deacon the cutest shirt and little tie for Easter. I paid an arm and a leg from Von Maur but it is adorable! I tried the tie on and he just rips it off. I am hoping that's a habit I can break. We all hung out by the TV playing that night to watch Idol (2 out of 4 of my choices to go home did), CSI and then the all time favorite ER.

Friday we cleaned, stocked up on groceries and got ready for the weekend of the big storm. I leave Monday for Urbana, so I wanted to make sure no one starves while I am gone next week. They got tons of snacks, lunch meat, mac and cheese, amongest other easy to prepare things, and I got 5 gallons of milk. We go through that like crazy, and I hope that keeps Jim from having to go to the store.

Tomorrow the kids are staying at Grandma Marilyn's. Olivia's pretty excited about that, she misses grandma!

I have one funny Deacon story. He loves to sit on the potty, because he has observed Winkie and knows he can wash his hands after the potty. He also watches her wipe. He got a wipe out of the drawer and wiped his butt, while saying butt, and then proceeded to blow his nose-with the same wipe. Let's hope he outgrows that before he really starts going potty!

No comments: