Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

I think I have had enough of winter now, it can be done! I can't believe all this snow. It is so pretty until someone drives on it.

Yesterday school was cancelled so Olivia didn't get to have her Valentine's Party. We were cupcake bringers, so Monday night we had spent a lot of time making cupcakes, making frosting, frosting the cupcakes and putting sprinkles on them. We also spent quite a bit of time writing out 22 valentines, and Olivia wrote her own name on each one. Hopefully they can hand them out tomorrow. I sealed up the cupcakes, so I am hoping they will still be nice and moist to take tomorrow. She was a little dissapointed they didn't have a party, but she was glad to sleep in because she said she was really tired.

Sunday night I had a horrible backache. I had to visit the chiro on Monday and she fixed me right up. Since I was up and had the kids at the sitter, I decided to shop. I didn't get too into it but I found the kids all their pjs for next year on clearance. I love Carters fleece pjs and they had them for $6-7, so I had to get them. They are set. I have to shopping again next week to get a few new things for my little business trip.

I am going on my first trip to Urbana, Ohio. I leave 2-26, come back on March 1st. We have a sister Orbis plant there, and we (Paula and I) are going there for our Six Sigma training. We have three times over the next couple months. I hate to leave the family, but it will be nice to see Urbana, I hear so much about that plant. I have a project that should take about six months to complete, and these classes are suppose to tell us how to do it. My project is to improve cycle time on our tools by 8%. Great, operators are going to love to hear that, we are running stuff even faster than now.

Jim and the kids went shopping this morning and brought me roses, a chocolate heart, and a heart boxed filled with reeses' minatures. I thought it was pretty sweet. I have had plenty of help with the candy, Deacon was drooling as I was ripping the plastic off. I found a box of chocolate that was five cards, and Deacon ripped the box open himself and got the wrapper off of a card and went to town. The kid loves chocolate.

I made 4 batches of frosting last night to be ready for my first real cake job. Aidan's 1st birthday cake. I had to hid the frosting for fear that if Jim finds it before the weekend I may only have 2 batches or less left. Seriously, he just sits down and devours a whole bowl of frosting like it is nothing. I would be sick if I ate that stuff like he does.

Well Deacon is napping, so I should take this time to play a game with Olivia. We can't always do that when he is awake because he likes to help too much.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Wow, she wrote her name on ALL of them? Holy shit. Gary writes his name once at home and he's had enough. That, and we're working REALLY hard on getting him to make "G" right-side up. He has NO interest. Typical boy.