Saturday, June 30, 2007

Another year older....

Well I am offically 26 now. I had a good birthday. I worked last night, slept until about 11:30 today, got ready then Jim, the kids, and I headed to Dyersville. We went to Country Junction for lunch, then we went to a park there, then we rode for awhile on the Hertiage Trail. After we got done with that we went to Dubuque to Menards and then headed home. It was a great day to be outside. Jim also surprised me with some great gifts. I got a new camera he got a great deal on (7.5 mega pixel), and an LCD picture frame so I can show off all my pictures at once. I have some new new technology to learn. That stuff combined with my IPOD nano and shuffles, I have my hands full!

Thursday I went on a float for the first time in a long time. Me and about 17 or 18 other people from my shift floated from the dam to the rocks. It was so fun! I got so roasted though. I was hardly able to sleep that night cause my shoulders and legs were on fire. Luckily, that has gotten better, it's just the shoulders that are a little tender now. I bought a big party island raft that holds up to 8 people and took that. Someone else also had one. We tied all our floats and boats together and just spend a very long day on the river. We actually ran out of beer. I couldn't believe it. We had some pretty drunk, funny, people on the float. I was surprised at myself, I actually jumped in the river. We stopped at one spot that had a little bit of deepness and a bunch of us got our butts up this six foot incline and jumped off the side. What a rush. Most of us want to get in another float at some point this summer. I have to say I have a pretty fun group of co workers.

Yesterday Olivia surprised me with how sly she can be. She got out of the tub and was about to eat supper and saw Lauren outside. She and Lauren were talking and they decided she should come over. I told her no, because she was in her pjs and about to eat. Jim was out mowing the lawn, and I was about to leave for work at this time. She said that after I left she would just ask Dad to walk her over. I said, I already told you no. She said, yeah, but he didn't hear you say that! I about died. I was like, you little stinker you aren't suppose to figure that trick out so young.

Uncle Mike taught Deacon a great new word-Cow Shit. Mom counteracted with cow pie, and he remembers that, but Olivia remembers Cow Shit. Thanks Mike! Deacon actually likes Mike. We were eating yesterday at pizza ranch and he came in and Deacon's yells Mike! He wouldn't sit with us then, he had to go over with Mike. Who would have thought a kid would want to hang with Mike!??

Deacon has another new phrase-Nells Bells, or Whoa Nells Bells. Jim always says Whoa Nelle or Nells Bells and Deacon apparently really likes it. It is pretty cute.

Well I think I am off. I have a couple movies I want to try to get watched, well at least one, before I head to bed.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Happy Birthday (late) you old lady!!