I don't have anything to exciting to post, just the basic updates.
Olivia got to be in the 4th of July parade. She rode on a float for dance. She ate more candy than she threw I think, but she had a good time. She was towards the beginning of the parade, so when she got back to the fairgrounds I got her and brought her back to Brenda's so she could watch the rest of the parade. Deacon was pretty good for the parade. He is not really into getting candy yet though. He picked up a sucker, and then sat down to eat it. He feels he must immediatly eat everything that he picks up. Next year he should be more into it. We got a pile of candy though. Olivia picked up when she got back. Tons of frootie tootsies! We took the kids to the fireworks down at the fairgrounds, and they were so tired. They didn't start until 10pm. The kids stayed awake for about 1/2, then both zonked out. They must have been really tired because they didn't flinch during the big booms and all the noise, and they slept through us picking them up, putting them in their bike seats and the bike ride home.
Saturday we went canoeing. It was Jim's first time canoeing on the river. He had never even been on the Maquoketa before. We went with Kara and Tony and Tony's brother and wife. We went from the rocks to Eby's Mill which was totally new to me, but a very nice float. I'd do it again! It was a nice hot day, great day to be on the water.
Sunday we went to Cedar Rapids since we really had nothing to do. We ate dinner, went to Menards, dropped the kids off with Sue and Brian, then headed to Sam's. Jim bought yet another TV. Olivia has a 26 inch flat panel for her room with a DVD player built in now. The guy is obsessed with tvs! He won't stop until we have a flat panel wall mounted in every room! Our kitchen TV died, so I imagine we will be getting another one very very soon. We stopped at Kohls so I could get some more picture frames for if my newest pictures of the kids ever come. The photographer swears they are on order, and that they have been having some problems getting things in a timely matter the last few weeks, um yeah I'd say! I am irratated, but I don't really need them for anything other than the baby edition of the Express, so hopefully I will get them and they will be so freakin' awesome I won't care how long they took!
Olivia was a little scared of Brenda I think. Brenda buried something in her yard, and when Olivia asked what it was, she thought Brenda said her sister. So she took Jim over to this dirt spot in Brenda's yard and whispered Brenda buried her sister here! She was a little scared about that thought! It was pretty funny, we got the record set straight.
I can't believe how fast summer is going. The fair is next week already! We have tickets for Friday and Saturday, and so Sue and Brian are going to pick the kids up on Friday, and we are getting them back on Sunday. That will be weird to have a kid free weekend basically, but it will be nice. They hvae the tent set up in their basement already, and I think the kids are going to get to go camping. Olivia is pretty excited about it.
Well off to get ready for work....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hope you get your pictures SOON! I think the deadline is Thursday the 12!!! I just got mine in yesterday. I didn't have much for pictures, so I just found something I took and had it printed out at Keleher's.
Yes, let's have a huge river float! We can totally float from Bob's or we can do the whole float from the damn, or we can float from the rocks. I'm game!
I figured if I don't get a pic from them by Thursday I will just use a snapshot.
I am excited about floating too! We will have to figure out from where to where when it gets a little bit closer. It will be fun.
Post a Comment