Oh it's the wonderful Great Jones County fair week. I like the fair, but I am not a huge go everyday and spend all day there fair goer. Jim and I took the kids for awhile last night. We got ribbon fries (they were wonderful!) and let them ride some rides. I didn't buy wrist bands, but I should have. They actually had quite a few rides they could go on. I bought 9 tickets that were $1 a piece! It got all 3 of us on the Merry Go Round and the kids loved it. Deacon cried and tried to push me away when it was time to get off. I bought six more tickets and let them go on another ride, but the carnie never even looked at me, so I kept my tickets. We got on a few more rides that way. We rode until about 10, then someone finally took my tickets on our second trip on the Merry Go Round. There wasn't 9 tickets, only the six, so I guess I rode for free. We came home and got the kids to bed around 11, that is really late for them.
Yesterday before we went to free fair day we went to Cedar Rapids. I got a cat door for our basement door at Menards and a couple chairs for my yard. I also got some more lillies to plant in one of my gardens. I got a connector for one of my IPODS to play it over a radio too, and a band for my arm for the nano. This morning the kids and I went out and played in the mud and got our five new plants in. I now have my big flower bed just as different varieties of lillies, and I really like it. No more annuals in that one.
I have vacation on Thursday night and I may take the kids over to the fair for awhile on Friday. Friday evening Sue and Brian are going to come and get the kids and take them all weekend!! I will miss the kids, but it will be so nice having 2 nights not worrying about when we get home, or getting up the next morning with them. Friday night we are going to Chicago, and Saturday to Sugarland, and of course to the beer tent, and probably to my friends for a fire that lives very close by. We talked about getting a float in on Saturday, but from the looks of all the rain, that may be a no! We'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
No more rain in the forecast for the next five days! Float away!
Post a Comment