Monday, July 23, 2007

Back to life as normal

I like the fair, but I do like when it's over and things get back to normal.

Thursday night I went to the fair about 10pm and watched the show while I waited for Kara to get off of the track. We ended up having a pretty good time in the beer tent that night. It was fun. Friday Sue came to pick up the kids about 5 and then it was start of a kid free weekend. We went over Friday night and saw Chicago, which we didn't think was anything spectacular, and then we went to the beer tent with Kara and Tony. Jim actually went in the tent! We had a pretty decent night that night, nothing too crazy, but nice. Saturday we bummed around enjoying the kid free day, then headed back over to the fair Saturday night to see Sugarland. That was a great show. We really liked that. We skipped the beer tent that night, because I figured I had spent enough money in there anyway!, and went to Jaime and Brenda's for a bon fire. We just sat around talking, laughing and having a few drinks. We had quite a few laughs that night, and didn't get home until around 5am. I haven't been out that late in awhile! Sunday we went to Sue and Brian's around noon and got a great meal, burgers, salads, corn on the cob. Olivia ate 3 ears by herself! She loves corn. We got home and we were all pretty pooped from our weekends, so everyone was in bed pretty early after we watched See Spot Run, then I watched Striking Distance before I went to bed. It was a good weekend.

Today I got a postcard with a password on it to get tickets to My Little Pony at the US Cellular center before they go on sale to the general public. I thought, sure, so I got on and got Olivia and me 3rd row seats on the floor. That should be cool. I think she will really like that. I only got 2 tickets, I am not going to make Jim sit through The World's Biggest Tea Party. We'll have a girls night.

No comments: