Saturday, June 2, 2007

Mom's a sucker




Ok, so I am such a sucker for a cute baby kitten. First of all, I decided to allow Olivia to get another kitten since she still is talking about and missing Lily. So Wednesday night I called a free ad in the paper and got set up to go and get one Thursday night. Later Wednesday night Brenda and I are out for a walk and hear meowing, and find a little black kitten all alone in a bush by Regions Bank. We spent probably 10-15 minutes in the pouring rain getting this kitten out, and I brought her home. I thought at first she was sort of wild, so I went ahead and let Olivia get the one from the ad too. So now we have 2 kittens, and they both are adjusting and really sweet, playful and tolerable of the kids. Olivia has a litterbox and food in her room so they have been spending most of their time in there. She has been waking up with 2 cats in bed with her the last couple days and thinks that is pretty freakin' cool. Deacon loves to carry them around. Can't say the cats like that so much, but they are very tolerable of it. We are keeping both for awhile anyway, then we will probably have to pick one to keep and find a great home for the other one....how will we ever pick?? Maddie (Midnight Maddie) is the top picture, the black kitten, and the kitten getting hauled around is Butterfly (Olivia named that one all on her own!)

No comments: