Friday, August 17, 2007

And then there were 2...

Here's my boy, playing princess dress up with his sis, but manning it up by adding the cowboy hat! He is too funny! Someday he is really going to hate me for the collection of dress up pictures I have of him.

Someone saw my ad at the vet's office for Zeek and Chloe and they took them both. They have gone to be indoor/outdoor cats on a farm on Rock Road. I am so glad Zeke will be able to roam outdoors and not bother neighbors and without all the traffic of town. I will miss them though, after all Zeke has been with me over 5 years, and Chloe almost 4. We still have the kittens. Olivia was sad to see the big ones go, but would be even more heartbroken to see the small ones leave. I am still debating on whether or not to keep them both, one for each, or just keep one and declare the dog we will get Deacon's. At least we have cut the cat population (and poop and food consumption) in half. It's a start. As I see Olivia with 2 kittens nested in bed with her I can't imagine making her have to give that up....Seriously, I am a big softie!


I started a fire in my kitchen the other day. It made me think how good of an investment a home fire extinguisher would be. Jim said he had thought of that and been meaning to get one for awhile, but just hadn't gotten to it. I came home with groceries and threw them all on the counter/stove top (electric stove). I went downstairs to switch laundry loads and came up to smoke and stink! I was like, what the hell, then I realized one burner was on and burning my plastic bag, strawberries, meat pkg and a susie Q I had gotten Jim. I freaked out, but pulled the bag off. I was cursing Jim because he has been guilty of making eggs and not turning the burner off so I thought for sure he made eggs for breakfast and didn't turn it off. Upon further investigation I realized the bag I had set on the stove with a melon in it had pushed the burner knob to high. I am so glad I got up there when I did!
Well I am trying to watch Vacancy. Not sure that I will get through it. It is freakin' me out! I like scary movies that are more not guts and gore, like Distrubia was awesome, Sixth Sense, you know the movies that scare y ou enough to keep you on the edge of your feet but not grossed out and really scared at the gore. So far Vacancy is looking more like gore. I will give it a few more minutes and see.....

No comments: