Not really a happy weekend for me, I gotta work, but happy weekend to all normal scheduled people! :)
I am so happy it is starting to be consistantly nice out. The kids are so excited that they get to wear shorts most days. Wednesday after I got up the kids and I went to Sunset Nursery here in town and got some annuals to finish getting 2 of my flower beds planted. We still have 3 more to do. I might try to get back to the nursery today and get the flowers for the front yard bed just to have it done. Seems so late this year to be doing this. The ones we got planted so far are looking pretty good and I have a feeling they will gets plenty of water because Olivia and Deacon love their watering cans and helping out.
Yesterday Jim and Deacon went to the farm while Olivia and I stayed home. We made cupcakes for her pretend birthday at school today that had oreos baked inside. Man, they are so good but that will be a really messy snack time! Then we ran errands and played outside. I had like 5 loads of laundry to do too, so it was nice to get that stuff done. Today I am planning on going mushrooming with my mom and getting some more strawberries from her house. She gave me a few the other day, I think we will take a few more. We are planting those and a couple raspberries. I know the kids will enjoy just picking and eating those. The kids had the neighbor kids over yesterday afternoon so that kept everyone entertained for awhile. The girls play really well together, and for the most part the boys do well. It gives each of us mom's a break to send them to each other's house, otherwise one of us takes the girls and one of us takes the boys to split them up. That works well too and makes for less chaos.
Well I should go and get my sleep before work. I always sleep in the mornings on the days I got to work so I can stay awake all night.
Oh yeah, I watched PS I Love You-what a tearjerker. And for those who don't know, Friday May 30th is Sex in the City coming to theaters. I am so going that day. I can't wait!!
I also can't remember if I mentioned next weekend we are going to St Louis for a couple days. The kids, well Olivia who really understands what it means to get to go somewhere and stay in a hotel, is really excited. Jim just ordered our GPS so we will be ready to roll!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oreos in a cupcake? Doesn't get much better than that!!
~Des
Post a Comment