Wednesday, May 28, 2008

St Louis: Day 3

Outside of the Brewery.
The Budweiser Dog (he's real and in with the horses)
The kids thought the one building really stunk (it was a very strong beer smell!)
Sitting in the lobby at a really cool table which Olivia said we should ahve for Deacon's room! Kara, you and Tony need these barstools at your bar!
Deacon was out while I read a story that night.
Looking out the Arch.
Our family at the arch.
My little shit would only pose for me when he could be behind the rope. Just had to break the rules!

And onto Day 3. It stormed a lot at night so I was worried that we would get rain that day, but it once again stopped when we went outside. Lucky us! Day 3 started with a walk over to the arch. We went up on top and went through the museum they have under it. Deacon was sort of a pistol again, overly fussy and quick to cry when he didn't get his way, so we were starting to think for sure he is sick (really hoping because we didn't want this to just be the way our kid is!) We got done at the Arch and headed to the Budweiser Brewery for the free tour they have. Deacon was being stubborn and wouldn't go to the bathroom before the tour, which I should have known was going to lead to trouble. The first part of the tour went ok. Deacon stayed in the stroller and did ok, but towards the last stop he wanted to be held and just cried about his tummy hurting. He was basically inconsolable and cried to the point of almost puking. We stayed out of the last building with him because he was crying so hard. Then started the I have to go Potty! I was like, I knew it! So we finally got back to the end of the tour and he is telling me (as I am holding him) that his tummy hurts so bad, he has to go potty so bad he peed his pants. So I was afraid to put him down for fear of how wet my shirt would be. We got into a building with a bathroom and fortuntly he had barely peed at all, his undies were barely wet. The kid peed more than I have ever seen him pee then he was a instant different kid and said his tummy didn't hurt anymore. My guess is his pee was hurting him. We went the the hospitality room and I had my free beer and the kids had pop and pretzels then we left there, went to an IHop for a midafternoon lunch and headed for a hotel. We just hung around, watched tv, played, and went swimming. This hotel had a pool that was both outside and inside, you just would swim under a wall to go out. Cool. Deacon, still my little water bug, would let Jim take him under that wall. Olivia was in tears when I told her I was going to take her under.

No comments: