Well it's been awhile since I have made an entry. I guess I have been busy.
Monday-Thursday I was in Urbana for six sigma. Lucky for us traveling was much better this trip. Our flights were almost all on time. We did have about a 15 minute delay in Chicago on the way home but it was way better than the 10 hours we had the last trip! Training went well. I don't understand everything, but I am hoping I will get through. We went out for drinks after class one night. After having Margarita's at a Mexican restuarant, then Applebees, myself and five others decided to hit a small town bar in Springfield. Just like being at home in small town Monticello. I think the Margarita's I had there packed a little more punch than the Eagles ones I am used to, because I was totally wasted. I haven't been that bad in along time. I do remember trying to sit on a barstool and totally missing it and falling pretty hard on the floor. Enough said about all that! Lucky for me I didn't have class until noon the next day. I wasn't feeling too bad, better than some of the others I think, but we all had a good time. It was a nice ice breaker to get to know the people from other locations.
I got home Friday about 1am. I had to be at work at 9am to report out on my project, but was back home around 10. My kids and I just hung out all day since they both missed me and hadn't seen me all week. I had called home one night and Deacon held up a pretty good conversation with me on the phone, and for a little bit I didn't know if it was him or Olivia. Another day when I called the conversation went something like this: "Hi-I pooped, it stinks, I need wipes". Thanks for the info Deacon. He gave the phone to Jim and he said he was going to get wipes. About time to start potty training! If only he would tell us before the fact.
Saturday Brenda, Kara, Rochelle and myself headed to Tanger outlet in Williamsburg for some girl shopping time. We kind of split up once we got there, since Brenda and I both hit up the kids stores. I went a little crazy. My kids got a lot, but I did find a lot for myself too. I was happy with the day. I probably spent too much though. Discover actually called to see if my card had been stolen due to the excess use. Can't say I had ever had that happen before! We left at 8am and got home about 4.
Brenda's husband had a date with his bus (he has a bus he rents out for parties/weddings ect, he drives) and mine wanted to go to Lowe's, so Saturday night Brenda, me and the kids hung out. Deacon was pretty funny with Aidan. When he first got there he didn't want to share. We were watching Baby Einstein and Deacon stood in front of the TV yelling "No Baby, My e-i-e-i-o" (watching Baby Old McDonald.) Later he started sharing better, except for his aqua doodle pen and his milk. Aidan would get his cup and Deacon would point at him and say something about Baby has my Mama in a paniced voice. It was an entertaining evening.
While we were shopping Saturday Jim and his parents took the kids to the Jaycees Easter Egg hunt. I guess they didn't do too good. Olivia was busy checking out what everyone else was doing, and Deacon found his first thing that was a piece of chocolate and had to eat that before he could move on. By the time he got that unwrapped and ate everything else was gone. Better luck next year!
Sunday I had Steve, Laura, Nick, Vern and Carol over for brunch. Carol and Vern brought Vern's 1 1/2 year old nephew with them. Deacon had that same instinct to not share to start with but starting warming up later. He shut the kids' fingers in the door accidently and we heard sorry baby about a million times. At least he felt bad. Olivia asked Carol if anyone was mad at Deacon about shutting Steven's fingers in the door. Carol told her no, and Olivia thought that someone should be.
Today (Tuesday) we had Lindsy's 5th birthday party at the Pizza Ranch. When I picked Olivia up from the sitter today she said she had a nail in her throat. She sounded a little funny too, but she said it wasn't too bad, so we went to the party anyway. Olivia told me that she was sure Deacon chewed off one of his finger nails and when her mouth was open must have put it in there and now it was stuck in her throat. Where do they come up with these thoughts?? Anyway, everyone had a good enough time at the birthday party, and it only lasted a little over an hour so that was nice. It was at the Pizza Ranch, so we ate, had cake and left.
Tomorrow (Wednesday), well I guess that's today since it is after midnight!, Olivia and I are heading to CR for her pre op physical. And while we are there we are going to have him look at the nail in her throat. I hope that doesn't turn out to be something that will push back the tonsils. Anyway, I told her after that appointment we will go shopping and get her new pjs and some special straws and stuff for after the surgery. Hopefully that helps get her less scared about it all. She and I talked about the surgery and she thought that she was going to get cut open because the only surgery she had heard of was the open heart surgery Grandpa Louie had and he has a big long scar on his chest. I assured her she won't have any marks, and no they aren't going to use a knife to cut you open, and she thought that sounded much better. She still isn't loving the idea by any means, but I think it is a lot better of an idea now than it was.
Well I think that's about all that I had.....enough to read for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment