We got up at 5am and got ready for the big tonsil removal day. Got there, got in the pjs, and the anaseologist (spelling?) didn't like the way Olivia was coughing, so he said we should wait 7-10 days for her cold to clear up. To me she barely had a cold, but they could hear some wheezing in the chest, and that can be further irritated by the mask when they put her to sleep, which can lead to an asthma attack. So we were back home about 9:30. Olivia wasn't sad she didn't have to have it today, but she really did quite well when we were there. She didn't act scared or anything. I got it rescheduled for May 8th. I know the docs know best, but it was a bummer that we both took off work and Olivia missed school for basically nothing. Better luck next time! The upside is it's a beautiful day and we get to enjoy the nice weather.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Surgery is Rescheduled
We got up at 5am and got ready for the big tonsil removal day. Got there, got in the pjs, and the anaseologist (spelling?) didn't like the way Olivia was coughing, so he said we should wait 7-10 days for her cold to clear up. To me she barely had a cold, but they could hear some wheezing in the chest, and that can be further irritated by the mask when they put her to sleep, which can lead to an asthma attack. So we were back home about 9:30. Olivia wasn't sad she didn't have to have it today, but she really did quite well when we were there. She didn't act scared or anything. I got it rescheduled for May 8th. I know the docs know best, but it was a bummer that we both took off work and Olivia missed school for basically nothing. Better luck next time! The upside is it's a beautiful day and we get to enjoy the nice weather.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Anesthesiologist. I got used to spelling it when I had to send out bills for Gary's little incident. Bummer on the let down and having to take off work! P.S. Your check is going in the mail tonight/tomorrow.
Post a Comment