Monday, April 16, 2007

Lovin' this weather!







Man, what a beautiful day. Actually it was a pretty nice weekend. Here's some pictures of us outside this morning enjoying the warmness.


Thursday night I took vacation from work in order to get everything ready and be at the garage sale at 9am on Monday. It took us several hours to set up and it was a huge garage sale. We rented the community building and it was PACKED, not really an understatement. We opened at 3pm on Friday, and people were lined up to get in. We had little tikes stuff, and it was almost all gone within the first hour. It was pure madness until about 5pm. We got rid of a lot of stuff. I took over 4 truckloads and 2 van fulls, and only brought home one van full and a few things in the truck. I was happy with that. Not sure how much I made yet. Mel has the money at her house and is dividing it all up by person and will send us each a check. I am probably more happy about getting stuff out of my basement than making money. I priced stuff pretty cheap.


Saturday I got my stuff packed up and flew to Anamosa High School for Olivia's spring dance recital. They did 3 songs, so all three dances they had learned this year. They were all so cute. Carol went with us, and Olivia was happy to have someone new to watch her. Saturday when we got home I put away all the garage sale stuff and just hung out.


Sunday we hung out at home. Jim's parents wanted the kids, so we took them over there for a couple hours while he worked on the lawn and I cleaned our house and got the basement all organized again. I am all ready for the week now, cleaning and laundry are done. Jim brought home the rock we gave his parents for Christmas last year and put it in our rock bed. A big Besler rock. I knew we'd get it back someday, but not this soon. Seems they don't want to mess with moving it again. Cool for us!

Today we have been playing outside most of the day. We went to the doctor with Jim and watched them get massive amounts of wax out of his ear this morning, that was interesting. Now I am heading to work for 1/2 day, then I am off until Friday for the surgery. Wish Olivia well everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim is really losing is hair. lol
or at least it looks like it in this pic!!

okay, just some proof that I checked your blog.

-Kara