Man, it's hot today. I think I actually got a little sun and am a little red.
I am leaving for Ohio for the final time tomorrow morning. Six Sigma training is almost done, only 3 more days of class. Pretty exciting.
I went to the gym on Friday morning, 3rd time in a week. Started to get in a habit I think. I hope being gone this week doesn't revert me back to not wanting to go. I am not very happy with the love handles I've gotten, and I know I won't go to totally healthy eating, so I guess I better do something physical to help.
Saturday the kids and I bummed around, then went over and did a little bit to help the big move. Jim's parents moved back to Worthington. Jim and his brother in laws moved the big stuff Saturday and Sunday. They are leaving the little stuff (there is A LOT) to his parents. Last night after he was done with moving for the day Maggie came over for a couple hours and we went to McOttos and Wal Mart to spend some time together. I didn't want to go too far or be gone too long because I knew Jim would be whipped from the work he did moving. It was still nice. Our original plan had been to go to Country Junction, but man Dyersville seemed so far away and not worth the drive.
Sunday we went to Worthington again. Jim's parents took us to Pizza Hut for lunch. Jim stayed to do stuff, and I headed back to Monticello for Molly confirmation party. I can't believe she is almost 16. Wow, she has really grown up and really looks like a young lady. Mom made her cake, and it was good! Deacon enjoyed driving and riding in the corvette and jeep with Natalie, Mitch and Olivia and they both enjoyed Shelly's dog. It is this 12 week old pup named Lilly that is so freakin' cute it really made me think that I might want to get a dog this summer. I gotta talk to Jim about it a little more obviously, but I think we could handle it. She was just irrestitable. She's husky/springer spaniel, black with white paws. So soft and sweet. Almost as bad as seeing someone with a new baby thinking how nice it would be to have one.
We got home and the kids played outside until Deacon literally zonked out while swinging. Mel brought Brendan and Gary over while she had a choir concert. They were great. Deacon slept most of the time they were here, but Olivia and Gary played well together with Brendan trailing behind. It is just errie how much Brendan and Deacon look a like from the back, or just a glance. They have the same hair and build. I called them each other's name a couple times.
The picture of Deacon in his boots shows his normal attire to go outside. He recently figured out how to turn on the water, and realizes he needs boots, so he ditches his shoes in the garage, puts on Olivia's snow boots and heads up to play in the watery mud hole he creates. He usually gets them on the wrong feet too. That kid is something else.
Well off to bed. Gotta to get up early and finish packing and doing last minute stuff.
1 comment:
Gary had fun....he's still asking me when Olivia can come and play on his swing set! Thanks again.
Post a Comment