We had a very good Christmas at our house, my mom's and Jim's parents. The kids got so much stuff. They have been very very good since playing with their new toys, sharing and keeping themselves well entertained. Olivia got her cabbage patch sprout from Santa, and then Brenda gave her some accessories, so that worked out pretty well. She got a lot of Littlest Pet Shop stuff, craft stuff, books, some dress up shoes, make up, a game, a light brite and I am sure more that I am forgetting. Deacon got a lot of the die cast cars that are like hot wheels sized, tractors, a gravity wagon, CARS helicopter, New Mater, Lightening that talks, Thomas Trains and a nice bag with wheels, books, a game, a new crane, backhoes, amongest other things. They both got some movies, a new vsmile (the one they got last Christmas died not too long before Christmas), and my mom got them a new double swing for their swingset. They should be good for awhile!! Mom also wanted to get rid of the Barbie house at her house so she gave Olivia the house and everything in it. Olivia really likes it. I have to spend some time playing with her and showing her how to dress and undress barbies. Sometimes that is hard even for me!! There clothes can be really tight.
Christmas Eve we had Olivia's church program. Mom, Jim, Louie and janice went with me. Doug stayed with sleepy head Deacon. After church we went up to Mom's and had oyster stew and chili and I let the kids open their presents from us. Christmas morning obviously Santa came here, then we went to Mom's at noon for our family Christmas. Mom didn't want to fuss with a big dinner so we had Papa Murphy's. It was different, but so much easier. We had Jim's family Christmas today (new years day). Nick brought his Wii, first time I had played it and I loved it. Can't wait to get one!
Well now it's time to relax. Holiday festivities are finally complete, everything's got a home and all the packaging is done! Or should I say unpackaging. That is what I hate about Christmas, all the packaging on the toys. It's a bit excessive.
No comments:
Post a Comment