Monday, October 8, 2007

Notes from our weekend

This weekend was too hot for October! Friday night I worked all night, but I took 1/2 days of vacation on Saturday and Sunday to allow me to get up early on Saturday and take the kids to the parade in Anamosa for the pumpkinfest. Mel, Jerry, Brendan, Gary, Brenda and Aidan met up with us over there and we all sat and baked in the sun while watching the parade. The badly timed parade. It wasn't a horrible parade, but the spacing in some spots was so much we would be about to pack it up and leave then you would see more stuff coming a couple blocks down. Kids had fun, but they were sweaty and ready to be in the AC when we got done (well I think they were anyway, I know I was).

Sunday we got up and took Olivia to Sunday School. Deacon and I delivered some stuff to Mom's and Mike and Lisa's while we waited for her. We came home and Olivia helped me make Halloween cupcakes and a fruit salad. We bummed around then I took them on a drive around the country to try and see some tractors. There weren't nearly as many out as I thought there would be. We then went to the carwash and came home. Kids played outside, I raked the leaf pile up, and we just bummed until I had to go to work.

Today I got Olivia to school and Deacon to the sitters and ran to CR. I had a 20% off coupon for Kohls that expired today, so I had to get there. I got myself a couple things, and got Jim stuff to wear to Vegas (stain free, stylish stuff!). Ran to Target, and had to stop at Wal Mart and was back home before 2pm. I got some more Christmas shopping done for my neices so I think I am almost done with everyone I buy presents for. Those who are left are the ones who are probably getting gift cards. I am so excited about seeing the kids open their presents I am really looking forward to Christmas. I want to play too!!

Oh yeah, Thursday night some people from the Monticello Jaycees came over and we are signed up and offically members. I want to be more community involved, so I figure this is a good way. I am kind of excited to get involved with some of their activities.

Nothing else new and excited with us so I guess I will head to bed!

No comments: