Sunday, March 2, 2008

Another weekend's gone

It's been awhile, so I thought I better do a quick post.

Friday night we had a Jaycee bowling party. It was fun. We did some stupid types of bowling, like bowl with your eyes closed, bowl between someone's legs ect. We bowled 2 games and then a group of us headed back here. It was intended to be a game night, but we ended up just sitting around and talking and munching. It was a good time.

Saturday morning our kids were up at 7am. When we didn't go to bed until after 3am that was a way early morning. Jim slept on the couch and me in the chair while the kids zoned out eating cereal and watching Saturday morning cartoons. At 10 we finally all got up and showered and headed to Anamosa. They had a free home show at the Larwence Center so we went to that. Then my dad and stepmom had come back for the weekend because my grandma is very very sick and he decided this may be the last chance to get back and see her. We went to the nursing home and visited, which I will not do again most likely. I just don't think that I can handle it. She looked so bad. I just saw her a couple weeks ago and she was up and feeling much better, it's just weird how fast things can change. I don't know if she knew we were there or not. It was so hard for me not to cry when I was there. I had to go out in the hall and pretend to look at something else to hid the tears I had. Part of it because it was because this might really be it, part of it was remorse for all the visits with her I didn't have, and part of it was because I felt bad for thinking at one point when this day came it wouldn't bother me so much. We'll see what happens, but things defiantly do not look good. She has requested no more medicine, she doesn't want to do it anymore from what I am told. I guess you just get to that point when the lives you are living isn't doing much living at all.

Today we headed to CR and checked out treadmills. I found one I will probably be getting. I can't wait to start using one at home!

I bought the kids quite a few summer clothes on a little shopping trip on Friday. I bought Deacon some flip flops with flames on them, and man on man does he think he is the coolest. He calls them "Flip Clomps". It's so cute. Olivia and Deacon has fashion shows to go through clothes from last summer and the new clothes to see what to keep ect. Olivia has grown, her stuff defiantly doesn't fit anymore. Her pants are too tight. Deacon found this orange NIKE outfit that was his favorite last summer and wore it to bed last night and all day today until I had to make him change to head to CR. He is so stubborn. He cried when I changed him and screamed that it was his favorite shirt!!!!

No comments: